Thursday, March 26, 2009

Never Lose Faith In Prayer

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I have been sitting here, books and bible in hand, searching for words to put on this screen. Staring at this blank screen, for almost an hour now, and still not knowing what direction to go. So please forgive me if today's post is a total mess!

As most of you probably know from reading Mary Kate's update from late last night, she will be going home today. I am not going to comment on that much more than what her mom, Regina has told you. She explains things so much better than I ever could. I did have the wonderful opportunity to visit with them last night and will be going back down to help them get loaded up and on their way in a little bit. We had a nice visit, then Mary Kate decided around 10:00 last night she was hungry, so I made the Burger King run for her. Anything for that girl, she knows she has me wrapped around her little finger! All I can say to you today is pray for them, pray for the peace that passes all understanding. Pray for comfort. Pray for God's mercy on their family. Pray for Mary Kate's fears to be calmed. Pray for Alyson, and for her to have peace and comfort in her pain. Pray for others around them to be there for them and to have the words to help them. Pray for silence when there are no words that can seem to help. Last night I looked at Regina and told her, "I have no words, I have nothing I can say to you, except I Love You and I'm here for you." Pray for Regina. Pray for her to have strength. Pray for her to always know she is NEVER alone. Pray that she feels the times when God has picked her up and is carrying her along this path. Pray that all three of these special women feel God's love with them at all times. Just pray. Never, never, never lose faith in prayer.

This is a little prayer I ran across in my reading today, I just wanted to share it.

Dear Lord,
It seems that bad news and suffering come quickly--and leave very slowly. Patience is a fruit of Your Spirit. Please give me Your patience to endure this storm.
In Christ Name, Amen.


I am going to pretty much leave it here today. I don't want to do injustice to any of the other children today, please read their updates and keep them in your prayers to. Clay is getting ready to go inpatient on Sunday to begin process for transplant. Read his update from yesterday, they need prayers very much too at this time. Arie is a very sweet young mom, who loves that little boy and God with all her heart. She is so afraid right now, and needs encouragement. You can leave messages on their caringbridge site, but you can also use "old school" mail and send them a card. I challenge each of you to send them a card, ask your friends and your churches to send cards. Let's see if we can cover at least one of his walls in that room on transplant floor with our cards. When you go into transplant, it becomes a long road staring at the same four walls. Let's decorate them for him!! He loves cars, trucks, tractors etc. He's all boy! If you send a card, no let me back up, WHEN you send your card, just sign it and also sign Team Believe underneath your name. I'll explain that one later... just go with me on that one for now. As for the address, just send cards to St Jude Hospital, address is on his caringbridge page and just put Attn: Clay Chandler. He'll get them.

I really appreciate all of you who come to this site to check on these children. I know there are many who come that I don't have a clue who you are or where your from, or that you have even read this, but I want you to know your appreciated by so many for caring enough to stop and come here to follow these families. Thank you.

I hope and pray that each of you has a blessed day, a true gift from God and that you will take the opportunity to share your blessing with someone else in need today.

Believe-Prayer Works

1 comment:

  1. Mardecia, I just wnat you to know how much I appreciate the time you take to make this page so special for all of us. I also want to tell how much I admire all you do for the kids at St. Jude. My heart is breaking for Regina, Mary Kate and Alyson....and I know your heart is breaking, so just want you to know I'm sending a hug and a I love you! Brenda

    ReplyDelete