Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Time To Start Planning



God saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:5-7



Good morning. It's a beautiful day today in Memphis, Tennessee! I certainly hope that each of you have a beautiful and blessed day today. I hope each of you has had an opportunity to check the caringbridge pages of our kiddo's, there is so much going on this week with them. It seems so strange, some weeks it seems like everyone is doing so well and all of the news is good news, then in the blink of an eye, it can all change and everyone seems to be having complications. This happens to be one of those not so good weeks, let's really encourage these families, they really need it. I just wanted to share this to give you an idea of how much your messages to the families helps out.... On Monday while Reagan was in surgery, I had my laptop opened to Reagan's page, I ask Amy if she wanted to take my computer and read messages that had been left for Reagan and her family. Of course she took the computer and began to read. It was so sweet to watch Amy's facial expressions and her smiles and she read each of the messages that had been left on Reagan's caringbridge page. Amy shared some of these messages with Reagan's dad too, again... smiles from him as well. This was like a little boost to help them get through the difficult hours that Reagan was away in surgery, Even though I know most of the people who left those messages probably do not read this blog, I still want to thank them for the comfort they brought to this family by leaving messages of support and encouragement. It truly does make a difference and means so much to the families. Reagan is doing very well. She is out of the hospital, that is amazing! She is one tough little princess.

I just want to pass along that I read on an email from the people who put together the St Jude Marathon that registration will begin the first part of May. I will try to keep up with this so we know and will be able to begin registering as soon as possible. We had a few who waited last year and were unable to register because the run filled up. The word out is that it will fill up quicker this year as people will want to make sure they have a spot and not wait to register. So be ready and I'll post as soon as I know when registration will open. I have already mentioned this, but I'll bring it up again. Think about someone you could invite to join you in coming with you this year. Bigger team, more opportunity to raise more money for St Jude. I would really like to focus on our goal for this year. Let me hear from you, leave comments and let me know what fundraising goal that you guys think we should set for this year. I talked to Regina the other day, she is already raising money, has some in hand already and the challenge between the two of us to see who can raise the most is ON!!! Registering and becoming a team member of the Hero's program is a great start, however, if you just ask a few people to help sponsor you with a donation to St Jude, you will be amazed how fast the money can add up as a team. Set a goal for yourself, start now by talking to some people and see what YOU can do by December. We are already working on the events of the weekend, so it's not to early to get started with the fundraising part either. I have booked the fellowship hall for our dinner on Friday evening, and will be talking to Macaroni Grill in the next week or so regarding them catering the food for us. We loved going to Macaroni Grill last year, but for those of you who were there, you know with our large group the space was very tight and we anticipate an even larger group this year. We want to have plenty of room and be able to enjoy visiting with each other. As for the other events, they will remain pretty much the same as in previous years. I will also be talking to the hotel that we have used in the past about blocking our rooms for that weekend too. I welcome any ideas or suggestions that any of you may have regarding the Marathon weekend. For any of you who are new followers to this blog, I will be posting more info and more pictures from the past marathon for you. Please join us, this is a fabulous event that raises much needed money for St Jude. Each year we select a different St Jude patient to run for, this year our child is Mary Kate Rushing. We are so excited to be honoring her and her memory this year. Mary Kate was so excited about being a part of this, she had worked on the design for our team shirt. We look forward to welcoming Regina and Alyson and their friends and family into our team family!!!

Enjoy your day, share a smile with someone today. When we look for the positives and the bright side, we find it!!!!

Believe-Prayer Works (just look around you if you don't believe it!)

Team Believe

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Susan, my son is a brain tumor suvivor, a patient of St. Jude!

    I found your blog from Elizabeths's CB page.

    Thanks for all you do for these families.

    Prayer truly does make a difference!!

    Blessings♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM REGISTERED FOR THE GRIZZLIES 5K ON DEC. 5, 2009 AND A ST. JUDE HERO MEMBER OF TEAM BELIEVE!!! I just love May 1st.

    Come on everybody --- JOIN ME!!!

    Allison Fuller

    ReplyDelete