Friday, June 5, 2009

Hey Guy's - I am still here!!!

I hope each of you has had a nice weekend and are looking forward to a fun weekend. I have been out of town, I have kept up with everyone and as we have said in the past... "no news is good news". In this case, everything has remained pretty much the same this week.

I got an email letting me know Carol has been moved from ICU and will be moved to a Rehab facility to work on regaining her strength when she gets strong enough to make the move. Please keep her in your prayers and I will try to get a more current update very soon.

I was able to visit with several of our friends today....

Mallerie is still in ICU on the vent :( They did a lung biopsy yesterday and got some preliminary results back today, but it will probably be Monday before the full reports come in. She seems to be resting and peaceful, which is good. This will allow her lungs the chance to heal. Please keep praying for her and for her lungs to fully heal. Yesterday was Tina's birthday. She had several visitors from her work and from home that came to spend some time with her yesterday. She enjoyed that very much. I know that was so good for her and for her spirits. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!! We love you and are praying for you as well as the entire family.

I saw Trevor today too. He was out walking laps while waiting for the doc to come by for his morning rounds. I joined him for his laps around the transplant unit, but I told him I needed roller blades to keep up with him!! He and Pam have it all figured out, I don't remember off the top of my head, but they know exactly how many laps around the unit make up a mile! I need to go hang out with Pam and Trevor to do my training for the St Jude Marathon for this year.

I also got to visit with Ellen and her mom, brother, and grandmom today. Ellen got to go outpatient yesterday, but was back for counts today. Her ANC is still 0, hopefully they will figure out what is going on soon and get her back on track. She is just so cute!!! Please pray that the doctors will figure out exactly what is going on and know how to treat it to "fix" her up!

I have a new family that I have met, I popped in on them today and heard some good news. Ryan is new to St Jude. He had ALL and beat that, but the cancer has returned as AML. He was accepted here at St Jude for treatment and a second transplant. His mom was his donor. She was to be harvested on Thursday and Friday, so I popped in to check on them and found out that they had moved it up a day, she harvested on Wednesday and Thursday and Ryan got his transplant around midnight last night. When I saw them, he was up and watching cartoons. He looked great! Please keep Ryan and his family in your prayers for a successful transplant and for his cancer to be gone forever.

I also have another family I would like for you to keep in mind and in prayer. The daughter of the secretary at the high school where my older boys all graduated from has been at St Jude the past two days for test. They do not know anything yet, but hope to get results from the test and scans on Monday. Please pray for them and pray that whatever they find, will be something with an "easy fix". The test were to try to rule out bone cancer. Pray that they are indeed able to rule this out. The little girls name is Sydney.

I also was able to spend some time this morning with Lindsey and Gavin before they went back home. Gavin looks great and is just getting so grown up! He is just adorable! The plans have changed and he will be coming back every 6 months to St Jude for check-ups. I was very excited to hear that! Keep praying for his continued progress.

That is about it for today. Enjoy your weekend and I'll let you know if I hear of anything that needs to be passed along.

BELIEVE -PRAYER WORKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment