Friday, June 26, 2009

Prayer Warriors... Lift Up Your Voices For Healthy Livers and Lungs!!






"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

But Jesus said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9





Good evening... I am coming to you tonight with two urgent prayer requests. Please pray diligently for Mallerie and Elizabeth and both of their families.

Mallerie was taken back to ICU this afternoon. I was able to visit with them this evening for a while, when I ask Tina what to pray for specifically , she said to please pray for her lungs. Mal has some very serious lung issues at this time. She is taking some meds, and they have put her on a c-pap machine to help her breath in order to allow her lungs the opportunity to heal. Please be in prayer for her lungs and also for her family. Pray for God to wrap his loving arms around them and hold them, comfort them through yet another storm on this journey. Mal is a strong girl, I even got a smile out of her this evening. She is such a fighter, pray for her to remain strong. Please pray for a good night's rest for Brad, Tina, Heath and Mallerie. We would like to look at setting up a prayer night for Mallerie. I am not sure if Sunday night or Monday night would be better, Please leave me a comment and let me know which night you feel is best to get the most participation. Just click on the "comments" at the bottom of this post and it will allow you to leave a comment.

Also, Elizabeth was discharged this evening and got to go back "home" to Target House. She has not been feeling very well in the last few weeks, and her liver counts have gone up each day this week. Michelle has covered most all of this on Elizabeth's caringbridge page, however, I did she her before they left the hospital today and Michelle says she is in constant prayer and ask for your prayers for "Lizzie's Liver". They did do the biopsy, but they will most likely not hear any results from it until next week. As you know, when waiting on test results, a weekend can seem like an eternity, Please pray for her test results to show exactly what is going on with her liver, and for the doctors to know how to treat it to get her "all better". Michelle has the most amazing strength and faith. She, along with every St Jude mom I have met, are amazing. Please keep MIchelle in your prayers, she is taking care of Elizabeth, and she is back on the med that Michelle has to administer to Elizabeth every 8 hours, which takes 2 hours for it to run. Pray for them to get the rest that they need. Elizabeth's 2 brothers are here with them for the summer to. They are such a joy and a help for them. Please pray for Lizzie's Liver, and her complete healing.

Please add these names to your prayer list at church or bible classes.... anywhere that you have contact with prayer warriors. As Tina said tonight.... "YOU CAN NOT HAVE TO MANY PRAYERS GOING UP FOR YOU!'

This afternoon as I pulled up to Target House to go hang out with Ryan for a bit so Kimberly could go to the grocery store, I found Arie and Clay in the parking lot riding bikes. That was so good to see them out and riding bikes, Clay looks so good! The only problem was.... I looked at the outside temp on my rearview mirror and it read 102 DEGREES!!!!!! IN MEMPHIS WITH A HEAT INDEX OF 110 degrees!!!!! WAY TO GO CLAY! I am so glad that he is doing so well, I just hope he and Arie do not melt in the heat!!! He is such a trooper and such a cutie pie.

Ryan is doing very well to, he is outpatient and seems to be enjoying his new home away from home at the Target House. He seems to feel good, and he loves to play and laugh and laugh and laugh!!! Pray a prayer of praise for him to continue to feel good and for his transplant to be completely successful.

I hope that each of you have a great weekend. Please share these prayer request with others around you and let's wait upon the Lord for his healing. Also please keep the medical staff in your prayers as they make decisions on how to best treat these kids.

BELIEVE-PRAYER WORKS!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will be here any night you choose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to have more people in the chat room during the week so that is the only reason I would say Monday. We're home now so either night will work for me! Lisa

    ReplyDelete