Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Busy Week....


O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. Psalm 30:2


I love the peace in this verse. It is so plain and simple. With a clean and believing heart.... ask what your heart desires. God does hear our prayers.

All I can say is.... WOW what a week or two this has been lately!!!! I am so thankful in times like these that we have an AWESOME God to call on and to lean on. For all of you who ask me or comment to me that you don't know how I do what I do with the families at SJ.... just read Elizabeth's update today and feel the power and the strength in Michelle's faith... I gain from these families. This is how and why I am able to do what I do, which is not much when you look at the big picture.

Speaking of Elizabeth's update.... the diagnosis if finally here! It is not what they wanted to hear, but it was not unexpected. This is one of the things there were suspecting and looking for. I am not even going to try to explain anything about it, Michelle does a great job of that in her update today. The good news is, they do now know what what is going on in her little body and will create a protocol to treat her, and with prayer and God's healing hand, she will overcome this disease too. Keep praying, we got more work to do there!!

Good week for some of our kiddo's ~

Trevor got the word yesterday that with a switch in one of his meds and a few days of watching him after this switch, he will be going home hopefully this week or next!!!! WOOHOO!!! I am really not sure St Jude can function with him not around here all the time :) Going home has been a long time coming and I know this will be a bitter/sweet for Trevor and Pam. Pray for a good week for him and his plans to go home for good will not be delayed any further.

Remember the prayer night for Mal... we prayed for her lungs to heal and for her to get out of ICU and back to transplant, then we talked about praying her out of transplant and out to Target House.... well - happy to say she is out of the hospital and back at Target!!! God has really answered our prayers and the prayers of so many for her. Our God is an awesome God!
I saw her yesterday and she looked so good. Tina said they had to get back into the swing of them going to clinic and med room instead of them being inpatient and everyone coming to them. I don't think Tina and Mallerie will mind this new change one bit at all. Way to go Mal!!! We are so happy for you sweetie!

I saw Kimberly yesterday, she said Ryan was doing well. He is still outpatient, thankful for that, but she said that he has a case of GVHD skin rash. Bless his heart, this can be so miserable for them. Please pray that this passes soon. Ryan is such a cutie and has the sweetest personality. Praying for him to be all better really soon.

Prayers still needed for Alex and also Dax Locke. I don't have his link on the page (have not had the opportunity to ask for parent permission, but hopefully when they return to SJ I can talk with them about that) anyway.... his caringbridge site is
caringbridge.org/visit/daxlocke I know many of you are already following him, but for those of you who are not familiar with him, he can really use our prayers right now too.

Please check out Ellen's page. Her dad posted a new post today about a Livestrong page that we can all sign and help out the cause to help fight this beast. Please check it out and catch up on Ellen too. Sweet sweetheart!!!

Keep praying, these kids are so sweet and so special. Not to mention so deserving of our prayers and our love.

Have a blessed day!

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment