Monday, July 13, 2009

Praying for Elizabeth and all the Cancer Kids!

Part 2 - I just realized that I did not give credit to the one due the credit for todays post..... This was the direct post from Michelle today on Elizabeth's caringbridge site. I just felt she had said it best, and she had a specific prayer that she had written and ask for us to pray with them, so I copied it to this blog. I feel better now....:)

I did visit with them this afternoon, the surgery went well considering the risk involved. She did come off of the vent this afternoon, but she is in pain and just basically not a happy little girl at all. WHO WOULD BE WITH EVERYTHING THIS POOR BABY HAS BEEN THROUGH??? DJ and Michelle are remarkable in their strength and faith, but I will say that today has taken it's toll of them and their family members. Please pray! I was thrilled today to receive several emails today from churches across the states that have heard our request to add Elizabeth to their church prayer list and emailed me to ask me to let the Dunford family know that they have added them to their prayer list. I LOVE how God works!!!

Please pray for Dax Locke tonight to. He has not been on our list, he was in remission and allowed to go home a few months back however, this morning he was having some problems and they had him at he ER in IL. Please pray for him, I will find out more and let you know.




MONDAY, JULY 13, 2009 9:44 AM, CDT

Elizabeth is going into her surgery shortly. Please pray, pray, pray. This is very risky. Her liver is at 23 today.

Please join in saying this prayer.

Heavenly Father,

I call on you right now in a special way. It is through your power that Elizabeth was created. Every breath that she takes, every morning she wakes, every moment of every hour, she lives under your power.

Father, we ask you to touch Elizabeth with that same power. For if you created her from nothing, you can certainly recreate her. Fill her with the healing power of your spirit. Cast out anything that should not be in her liver, kidneys, brain, lungs. Mend what is broken. Root out any unproductive cells. Open any blocked arteries and veins and rebuild any damaged areas. Remove all inflamation and cleanse any infection.
Let the warmth of your healing blood pass through Elizabeth's body to make new any unhealthy areas so that her body will funcction the way you created it to function.
And father, restore Elizabeth to full health in mind and body so that she may serve YOU the rest of her life.

I ASK THIS THROUGH CHRIST OUR LORD.
AMEN

1 comment: