Wednesday, September 23, 2009

$10.00 just TEN DOLLARS!!!




Thank you to everyone who has registered for the marathon. We still have new members joining us, for that we as a team are very thankful. I received the picture posted today in an email this morning. I cracked up at first, then thought about some of the precious angels who are in heaven with Jesus now and had a raw gut feeling in my stomach. I think these are signs sent to perk my drive and my determination to work harder to do whatever I can to help raise money. I am not a doctor, nurse or even in research where I can be someone to "find the cure" but I can commit myself to make all efforts to raise money to support the others. I told Reagan's dad before I left Texas last week that I promised him I would do whatever I can in my life to help raise awareness for the need for funds and to raise the funds that I can to help stop this so that not one more daddy or mommy had to bury their BABY. I stand on that promise.

I know I have been talking alot about this lately, but when you stand by the graveside of a little child and see the pain in their family's face... it does something to you. I will "borrow" a phrase recently posted by a mom... if I am talking to much about raising money for our team for St Jude, I'm sorry but I will shut up if you will put up the donations!!! :) I look at the log in counter on this page each day when I log in and think... if everyone who comes here would put up just $10.00 (obviously more if you can) just think what that could add up to. I have 300+ facebook friends, I know that some of you are friends there too, but if each of my 300+ friends would just donate $10.00 that would put me over my goal but even more important, look what it would do for our team. I know in today's economy that money is tight, but cancer goes on... there is no "slow down" of new diagnosed cases because the economy is bad and the money for treatment is tight. The cancer continues so must the treatment. Please check your coat pockets that have been hanging in the closet, look under your sofa cushions, give up just one meal at McDonald's this month. Go to your employer, anyone that you do business with on a regular basis... ask them to help you in your efforts to raise money for this most amazing hospital. If you work in an office environment you might ask your employer if you can have a jeans day or "dress down" day to raise money. Ask if the company will match what you raise with your jeans day. You might just be surprised. Pray about it, and let God take care of you.

For those team members, and it IS NOT TO LATE if any of you want to join us, one of the most effective ways to get sponsors is to write a letter, tell what you are doing and why you are doing it. Mail it out to everyone. Inside with your letter, place a self addressed envelop with your return address and then begin checking the mailbox. It can be like Christmas everyday between now and the marathon!!! I know that most of you are much more creative than I am, so if you have any suggestions on fundraising please leave a comment and share with us at the bottom of this post.

FOR REGISTERED TEAM MEMBERS.... THE HOTEL INFO IS ON YESTERDAY'S POST. GO BACK, CALL THE HOTEL AND CONFIRM YOUR ROOM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. AGAIN, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY STAY BUT THEY DO NEED YOUR CONFIRMATION.

I appreciate each of you and I KNOW that the families appreciate your efforts to help St Jude. LET'S ROCK ON!!!!

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS~

No comments:

Post a Comment