Friday, October 16, 2009

Make Today A Day To Make A Difference

Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27:14




Hello, sorry I have gone all week without a new post. I did take a little mini trip out of town to Nashville for a Benefit Concert this week. The benefit was not for St Jude or cancer awareness, but for the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was a country music star studded evening. It was organized and hosted by Keith Urban, who is a big supporter of St Jude, so that made it special to me. It was a great event, so glad I was able to go.

We do have a URGENT PRAYER REQUEST:

I have not talked to Tina, I plan to see them either today or over the weekend, but I got a call that Mallerie is back in ICU. Please pray hard and ask your friends to put her on their prayer list as well. She has had some holes in her lungs that are really causing some problems and some concerns. Bless her sweet heart, she needs the prayer warriors to storm the heavens with prayers for her lungs to be healed. Please remember to keep Brad, Tina and Heath in your prayers too, as well as the rest of her sweet family.

Check out Trevor's CB page. He was a guest on the local morning news in his hometown, they are hosting a Blood Drive and dinner tomorrow in Livingston, LA. If any of you are near there, please stop by and help them out. The dinner is a fundraiser for Team Trevor (yes the competition!!) for the St Jude Marathon. They have done an excellent job of raising funds and remain in the #2 top team position for most funds raised. I am very proud of them and their efforts. This is their first year and they are doing great!!! Now, having said that.... LET'S CATCH THEM AND KNOCK EM DOWN A NOTCH OR TWO!!!!!! All in friendly competition, OF COURSE! :)

TEAM BELIEVE T-SHIRTS!!! DO NOT LET THIS GET PAST YOU. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY EXTRA'S ORDERED SO IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE, YOU MISS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO GET YOUR SHIRT. We really want to show our strength in numbers to let our presence of TEAM BELIEVE be seen on the streets of Memphis while we walk for our sweet Mary Kate. Team members for sure, please get your orders in. Go back to Oct. 1st, the posting there has the order form if you want to mail it in rather than order online. Please Please get your orders in... DEADLINE FOR ORDERING IS OCTOBER 31, 2009 That is only a couple of weeks away.

I want to recognize the team members who have gone over the $1,000.00 mark with their fundraising:

Regina Rushing $1,685.00
Allison Fuller 1,650.00
Mardecia Sutton 1,145.00
Susan Scheuermann 1,075.00

Great job, keep it up. Team we still have time to really raise a good amount of money for St Jude! Keep on keeping on!


I want to close todays post with a poem that was sent to Reagan's family. I am not sure if it was written for her, or if they found it and shared it with them. They have been so sweet to share it with me, and I asked if I could share it with you. It has brought comfort to them, and I pray that it will bring comfort to you as it has for me. You can think about so many people when you read this, and know the meaning holds true for others too.


"To Those I Love and To Those Who Love Me"

When I am gone, release me, let me go -
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be thankful for our beautiful years.

I gave to you my love. You can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness...
I thank you for the love you each have shown,
But now it's time I traveled on alone.

So grieve a while for me, if grieve you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a time that we must part
So bless the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on
So if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you soft and clear.

And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile, and say -
"Welcome home!"


I hope each of you has a safe and wonderful weekend. Please take time to enjoy every second of every day. Do not let an opportunity go by to let God's light shine in you for others to see. Thank you for coming here to read each day. That mean's you have a special heart and you love and care for the kids fighting so hard to overcome the cancer beast and other illnesses. As Michelle always says.... Keep Believing, Keep Praying!!

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS ~

No comments:

Post a Comment