Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Beautiful New Angel With Purple Wings

I just wanted to share with you some of the script in the Memorial Program from Mallerie's service.

God hath not promised skies always blue.
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives through;
God hath not promised Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow.
Peace without pain.

But God hath promised Strength for the day,
Rest for the labor,
Light for the way
Grace for the trials,
Help from above.
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying love...


And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Revelation 21:4




When tomorrow starts without me, and I'm not here to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today,
While thinking of the many things we didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me, as much as I love you;
And each time that you think of me, I know you'll miss me, too.
But when tomorrow starts without me, please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name
and took me by my hand;
And said my place was ready, in Heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind all those I dearly love.

But when I walked through Heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home;
When God looked down and smiled at me,
from His great golden throne.
He said, this is eternity, and all I promised you.
Today your life on earth is past, but here life starts anew.

So when tomorrow starts without me, don't think we're far apart;
For every time you think of me, I'm right here in your heart
I'll be there in your heart.



*************************************************************************************************************


Our hearts and prayers go out to Brad, Tina, Heath and Mal's entire sweet sweet family. This is an amazing family. I do want to share one very special touching moment from Mal's service, (trust me, the entire service was very touching but this one really touched my heart), this just goes to show the sweet, appreciative and loving heart that this family has. As the service was beginning the minister thanked everyone on behalf of the family for coming to the service and for all of the many acts of love and kindness that has been done for them. Then he said that the family wanted to thank the many people from St Jude who had been caring for Mallerie and were present at the service. The family wanted them to stand so everyone could recognize them for their dedicated work. As they all stood, the family then stood and began a standing ovation for the St Jude staff. The family was very quickly joined in applause by everyone in the over packed standing room only auditorium. I honestly do not think there was one single dry eye in the house at that time. When I say standing room only, I mean that even the choir loft was filled and chairs brought in to fill every inch they could with seats. People were still standing in the back and to the door. I noticed there were two windows up on a second floor level behind us where people were upstairs looking down from those windows. It was a wonderful show of love for Mal and her family. Mallerie will be so missed by her family, friends and fellow classmates. Her senior class has been just awesome to show their support.
Mallerie, a beautiful girl on earth, a beautiful angel in God's kingdom. Love you Mal, I will think of you every single time I wear my pink cowboy boots!!!!

Keep the Graves family in your prayers.

Love to all,

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS~

1 comment: