Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving and Giving...






Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:9

I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

Psalm 52:9

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Psalm 30:11-12


I just wanted to share a few pictures today from last years marathon.... can't you feel it, don't the pictures just make you want to get here now? We are in the final week before everyone will be flooding our city ready to run! As I drive through some of the areas of town, you will see lots of people out on the streets running.... it's amazing how many of them you will notice are wearing past St Jude Marathon t-shirts!!! One can only suspect they are preparing for this years big event. Bottom line, this is a wonderful event and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to describe it, the excitement, the emotions, the smiles from the wonderful families that line the streets (in good weather) to cheer you on and to simply say "thank you" for doing this. I think this is most definitely the one day of the year that has the most laughs and the most tears in the city of Memphis in one single day. As I sit and try to find words to help you be able to grasp the effects of this day and the effects it has on each person involved... I simply can not find the words to write that would adequately portray this day. I will ask you... if you have been here for this event before, either with our team or if you are on another team, please leave a comment to share with others and try to help me describe the feeling of this wonderful event. Please let us hear from you!

I also had to share a picture of Nic and Nat with their Thanksgiving turkey!!!! I wonder how long you have to cook that big bird? :)

You can still make donations to St Jude through Team Believe.... just simply click on the link at the top of this journal (Donate Now) and share with St Jude your blessings.

Todays St Jude Memphis Marathon Official Weather Forecast:

Today is absolutely beautiful!!! Pray for a morning like this on December 5th. It is sunny, not a cloud in the sky. High today 60, low today 38. Right now at 9:34 am it is a wonderful 54 degrees... perfect running weather!

The extended 10 day forecast is showing Friday Dec 4th cloudy with a high of 56 degrees and a low of 38 degrees with a 20% chance of rain. Pray for weather like today on the 5th! Again, it will change many times before the day actually gets here!


As we keep our special SJ families in our thoughts, hearts and prayers let's keep our prayers storming the heavens for them during the holidays. I also want to ask for you to say some extra prayers for little Jack Bruce and his family. You can catch up on him at his link located under "Our Friends". Katie, his mom, is really struggling with many emotions and many decisions are having to be made. Please pray specifically for her strength to make the best possible decisions and to feel peace with her decisions. Pray for Jack to be comfortable and for his peace.

We need to keep Dax, Julie and Austin in prayer too. Pray specifically for them to be able to have wonderful days to cherish each moment with Dax. Pray for their strength to get through the coming days. Continue to put up your Christmas lights for Dax and sending in your photo's to decoratefordax.com


Have a blessed day, take the time to smell the roses and appreciate your own family.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the very beautiful day you have blessed us with. Lord, I pray for each family in pain at this time. I pray You will wrap them in Your loving healing arms and embrace them with Your love, peace and comfort. I pray that each one will lean on You, and not try to carry their burdens and sorrow on their own. Lord, we know we have trials and storms in our lives, let us all always remember at all times that if we only believe, and relay on You fully, that You will carry us through the storms.

Father, let us always be mindful of Your presence in our lives. I pray for Your forgiveness for our shortcomings. I come to you to thank You for all of the blessings you give us each day. Lord, you are with us always, we thank You. We are all so blessed.

Father, I pray a prayer of thanksgiving for each person who comes to this site in order to be a prayer warrior for each child and family we lift up to You. We know there are so many more who need our prayers, we know that You know who they are and hear our prayers for those unnamed. Thank You for each prayer warrior, bless them and their families. I thank You for the wonderful people You have placed in my life through this site.

Father, be with each one of your children at this time. I pray for safe travel for those traveling to be with friends and family. I pray for good health for each one. I pray a special prayer to thank You for the avenue of prayer. We serve an awesome God.

In Christ Name, Amen


BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS~

No comments:

Post a Comment