Thursday, November 12, 2009

Victory





God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5

With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

Psalm 60: 12



Do you realize how close it is getting to the marathon weekend? Let me ask again.... DO YOU REALIZE HOW CLOSE IT IS GETTING TO THE MARATHON WEEKEND???? Will the chicken be running again this year? I just wonder if anyone is as excited as I am for it to get here? This is almost as big as Christmas to me... it is Christmas to St Jude! Lot's has been going on to prepare for this year's event. St Jude/ALSAC does an incredible job putting this weekend event together. I just want to remind you of a couple of things regarding the events of the weekend.

First, hotel confirmations at our team discounted rate must be made by tomorrow. See past post for hotel info if you have not yet confirmed your room on your credit card.

Second, I need an RSVP from each team member for the Friday night dinner. I have to give a count to the restaurant so they can be prepared to cook for us. Reminder, Macaroni Grill will be doing the cooking. Yummy! Please email me and let me know if you will be attending. Even if you will not be attending, please email me and let me know, that way I know you have seen this and I will not be wondering if you missed it. Please do this for me. rebelmom528@aol.com

Next, when making your travel arrangements, please make sure you don't forget to include time to go downtown and pick up your marathon packets with your race number and microchip along with your other goodies and info from St Jude. You must have this packet to participate. Just a little hint for first time team members... you really want to get this done before everyone get's off work at 5 on Friday afternoon. The lines can get really long after that time. Check the site and make sure you bring id and whatever is required to pick up your packet with you.

If there is anyone who is registered and NOT going to be able to come, please let me know. I have a list of some people who would like to participate but some of the events are sold out. We can make arrangements for them if you will let me know. The people on the list are willing to make team donations to be able to get a spot. Thank you.

Friday night is our Team dinner it will begin at 6:30. We have door prizes again this year and a few "new" things to add to the evening. There are some very special items that some of you will be the lucky ones to take home with you! We will have a memory table in memory of some of our sweet ^angels^ prepared by their families whom we will have as our honored guest. There are some more honored guest who will be joining us... but I'm keeping that info under wraps for now!! I BELIEVE this will be an evening you will cherish the time you have spent together.

We will once again plan on Memphis BBQ together on Saturday night. We will come to my house again to enjoy Saturday evening together and pass out the Advil!!! This is always one of my favorite times of the weekend!

One last note, to attempt to answer one of the most asked questions.... In Memphis, in December, no one has any idea what the temps can or will be on race day. :) Two years ago, people were coming across the finish line almost naked!!!! Last year, we froze our "patooie's" off, but we had a great day and were all very blessed by being there. All I can recommend is, come prepared for either way, and layer so you can make adjustments along the way if you need to. There is a Target and a WalMart both less than 1/2 mile from the hotel. Speaking of hotel, there is the Wolfchase Mall within walking distance from the hotel. Also, many restaurants in the same walking distance. I am very excited about the hotel we are using this year. They have been fabulous to work with so far. The Wilson family that owns this hotel is a local family that has been in the Memphis area all their lives. They play a very supporting role in financial support for the Grizzlie House on the St Jude campus. I am very excited for us to be able to support them with our business.

Enough info for today.

Please keep Dax and his family in your prayers. They are having Christmas all over Illinois for Dax. If any of you are on facebook, you can go to my home page and view a video that was put together to show all of the love and support for Dax for his Christmas. Check his CB page and you can also be included in this wonderful act of love. You can decorate early and take pictures of your decorations for Dax and email them to the link on his page. This has touched the family more than you will ever know.

Please keep all of the St Jude families in your prayers. With the holidays coming up, this is a very difficult time for many of them. Many of our sweet families will be going through the holidays this year for the first time without their precious little one, please pray for them. Send them a card.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS ~

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am so glad I found you all again. I didnt know where everyone went. I will be keeping tabs on everyone and will be wearing my Team Ethan shirt!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete